On Thursday September 15th 2011, Cargill hosted its first UK-wide seminar with a food security theme – ‘The food on your plate – what’s at stake?’
Over 300 guests attended including major customers, suppliers, UK media, corporate partners and other key stakeholders for Cargill in the UK.
Food Security is a key focus area for Cargill – Cargill works every day across the globe to connect food from areas of surplus to places where it is most needed, and to process commodities into a variety of essential ingredients.
The seminar provided an opportunity to discuss and debate the key issues facing the food and agricultural industry in the UK today – an industry employing some 3.6 million people contributing over £80 billion to the economy and one which is increasingly dominating the public agenda.
See attached links for:
- Biographies of speakers
- Presentations and speaker notes for the event:
- Paul Conway, Cargill - Food Security presentation, speaker notes
- Peter Kendall, NFU - speaker notes
- Jim Moseley, General Mills - Price Volatility and the Impact on the Food Industry
- Martin Whittingham, Kantar Worldpanel - To save or not to save? Where next for shopper in hard times? presentation, speaker notes
- Quotes from panel discussion
- Photos from event
- Media Coverage
Further information is also available on:
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.